Szabadics Ride – Company Challenge 2019 Open Road Race for Teams – CLOSED
Venue and date: Zalakaros (Gyógyfürdő Square), 22nd June 2019.
The goal of the event: The route offers Hungarian and international cyclists a great opportunity to participate in a race and all amateur riders are welcome to the event which also helps us promote cycling sports. Even if you are new to cycling events or want to set yourself a personal challenge, this route is for you and your team.
Organizer: Teker Sportiroda Kft. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration fee includes:
Thanks to our sponsors the value of the race package exceeds the registration fee.
- chip timing
- start number (printed with your name/nickname if given at online pre-registration)
- prizes in categories you can find below
- your start number entitles you to 1-time free entry in the Zalakaros Spa from 21st – 23rd June 2019 (basic ticket)
- Surprise cycling souvenir (worth 3.000 HUF)
- High5 energy gel
- official event bag
- fruits, cereal bars, bakery goods, isotonic drinks after the finish line
- on-site medical services between 9:00 and 18:00
- two service cars which move with the riders and offer technical support if needed. In case of a serious mechanic issue, they will take you to the finish line. Please keep in mind that the service cars are not taxis, they are there to help all participants
- participation with your start number in the prize draw after the award-giving ceremony.
- free access to photos taken during the event
- 63.500 HUF/team – minimum 4, maximum 5 cyclists per team
- 80.000 HUF/team – minimum 4, maximum 5 cyclists per team – In this case you can participate at saturday’s company challenge and every other program on sunday
- Teams with at least 2 female cyclists get 10% discount from the registration fee
- Please keep in mind that our online registration system was not developed for this unique race, so after your registration you will see 1 HUF fee for each participants. You will get your official invoice per e-mail and your company can pay the registration fee via bank transfer.
ATTENTION: please mind that the time of sending the registration fee takes priority instead of date when you registrate.
- Registration is open only to company teams
- All participants must be 18 years old or older
- RACE Category: at least 3 of the team members must ride a road bike equipped with a drop handlebar
- HOBBY Category: no teams are allowed to enter this category where at least 3 team members have a road bike with a drop handlebar. No other regulations regarding bike types.
- The fastest team in RACE Category gets a full set of summer cycling garment (bib shorts and jerseys) designed for the company – thanks to our sponsor, GESU Bikewear
- And the fastest team wins a voucher for a company meeting in one of the best hotels of Zalakaros (2 days – 1 night, 10 person with accomodation and catering) – thanks to our sponsor, Segreto Confectionery
Registration process, place and time of takeover of start packages
- Registration: online, if you click HERE. On-the-spot registration is not possible for this race.
- Start packages will be handed out on 21st June 2019 (Friday) between 4:00 pm and 7:00 pm, on 22nd June 2019 (Saturday) between 10:00 am and 7:00 pm.
- 11:00 am – Start of the first team. Teams start every 2 minutes.
- 8:30 pm – Reception and award ceremony at Mendan Magic Spa and Wellness Hotel.
- The exact starting order and time of teams will be sent to all teams after closing the pre-registration.
- length and elevation gain: 33 km and 50 m
- Route: Zalakaros Gyógyfürdő Square (Start)- Garabonc -Zalaszabar- Kis-Balaton melletti kerékpárút – Kányavári-island – Zalakomár – Zalakaros Gyógyfürdő Square (Finish)
- The time trial race takes place for most of the route (70% of the distance) on roads open to traffic and following a motorbike responsible to secure the route.
- During the time trial all roads will be open for normal traffic, so we kindly raise the teams’s attention to the compliance with the Hungarian Highway Code.
- timekeeping is provided with chips. The results will be available at the venue and on our homepage (in downloadable format)
- The result of each team will be determined by the 4th fastest racer’s time.
- the first 3 teams both in HOBBY and RACE category – coup, medal and gift prize
- the fastest of the all women teams both in HOBBY and RACE category – gift prize
There will be other prizes, to be announced.
- Only cyclists with an official start number issued by the organisers can take part in the race. Entering the start line is allowed only with a valid start
- No restrictions for bicycle types (road bike, MTB, Trekking, Cross, etc.) except recumbent bikes. Time trial handlebars are not allowed, riding them can result in exclusion before/during the race.
- All cyclists ride at their own risk and must follow all the rules set in the race rules and in the Hungarian Highway Code.
- Wearing a helmet during the race is compulsory!
- The organisers may not be held responsible and may not be obliged to pay compensation for any accidents and injuries that are a result of rule violations or health issues
- All participants are obliged to put the provided start number on their bikes and/or
- We reserve the right to change the route!
- All participants accept that they have to know the route of the race. During the race they have to follow the signposts and markings determined by the organisers. In case the official race cars/motorbikes make a mistake in the route, the organisers can not be held responsible for the mistake and may not be obliged to provide any
- Warning: the race does not take place on a fully closed route, but the event will get assistance from the police as well as traffic calming
- Racers must be at least 18 years old.
- I participate in the event at my own risk.
- I am healthy and physically prepared for the race.
- I agree to medical examination if necessary, and I accept and follow the medical staff’s instructions.
- I accept that the organiser is not responsible for any health or property damages that result from the violation of rules or from other above mentioned reasons and I am aware that I am not entitled to request the race organisers financiaI compensation or other applicable claims for injuries or accidents during the race, or in case of my absence from the race.
- I give my consent to appear in any photo and video documentation made during the event and I do not request any compensation for this (even if these photos or video recordings are used for marketing purposes).
- After your payment, we cannot apply any refund.
For any further information please contact: email@example.com